Old Oakland Dental specializes in Invisalign, a revolutionary way to get straighter teeth without conventional metal braces. Dr. Michael has seen great success with Invisalign cases, and is a premier Invisalign provider in Oakland area.
Having straight teeth is not only a confidence builder and visually pleasing, but crowded and misaligned teeth can also be uncomfortable for chewing and create major plaque traps. Left uncorrected these plaque traps can lead to gum disease and bone loss.
Invisalign is an attractive alternative to metal braces, and uses a series of nearly undetectable aligners instead of brackets and wires.
- Clear - the aligners are virtually invisible so others can't tell you're straightening your teeth
- Comfortable - no metal wires and brackets
- Effective - even before your treatment is finished, your teeth alignment will improve
- Removable - eating, brushing and flossing are not a problem. You can still enjoy your favorite foods without holding back
- Customized - the doctor will take precise impressions of your teeth to create your aligners
- Initial examination - you and your dentist will decide if Invisalign is right for you
- First visit - we will write a treatment plan and take an impression of your teeth
- Computer design - using the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, we will use Invisalign software to carefully translate our impressions into a series of precisely customized aligners
- Subsequent visits - you will wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, moving your teeth gradually - week by week, millimeter by millimeter - until you've achieved the intended result: straighter teeth
The entire straightening process requires approximately the same amount of time as traditional braces (from 12 to18 months), with a similar schedule of dentist visits.
Call us at (510) 832-3713 to schedule your complimentary Invisalign consultation.